Istanbul Turkiye, October 4, 2026
I will be starting my return to Canada in just over 48 hours. The airport is many miles from the city, and a taxi ride is around one hundred Canadian dollars. I will therefore be taking the subway out there.
In Warsaw, as I awaited in line for exit Passport control, I noticed the traveller two ahead of me was taking an unusual amount of time at the Passport counter. Most travellers just step up and hand the officer their Passport. It was stamped and the line moved on. After about 10 minutes, two police officers came quietly up to the front of the line, and one on each side, took that persons arm, and put on the cuffs, and they all went back into the building interior. The Gentleman ahead of me said that he was told...."You are wanted in three Countries".
We arrived in Istanbul mid afternoon, a very busy time. It took me over two hours and a half, to do Passport control, claim luggage and get to my hotel on the metro.....longer than the two hour flat flying time from Warsaw.
We are spending the days very quietly, just meeting at a small mall , having a coffee, and chatting. Tomorrow is Monday, and I will go into the Egyptian market area and purchase the items that I want to take home....Mango tea, etc....items not available in Canada.
I will do an update when home...including an event I do not wish to mention from here....you will understand why.,,,,,when you read it.
No comments:
Post a Comment