Hello from Istanbul, Turkiye
Hello all. I arrived here on Wednesday afternoon after a flight of nine hours and 23 Minutes. We were in an A-350-900 series aircraft that had 300 seats. There were several times that we had severe turbulence, however, all in all, it was an excellent flight. As I have stated before, Turkish Airlines is the longest, continuous serving airline in the world, having started in 1933. Arrival procedures are very quick and simple. There are two sections for arriving passengers- one for Turkish citizens and one for all others.
Passports were stamped with no questions asked. Arriving passengers then proceed to the terminal exit, if you have something to declare, you go through Customs. If nothing to report...keep going.
My friends living here are three transit stops from the hotel. I met them for lunch Thursday, and will spend more time there for the duration of my stay here. On the morning of September 27, I will fly over to Warsaw, Poland for 4 days. I then return here until October 6, when I depart for Montreal, again on Turkish Airlines.
I plan to do an update before heading to Warsaw.
No comments:
Post a Comment