Sunday 3 September 2023

Ottawa, September 3, 2023

 Hello all.   I had a good trip home from Istanbul until I arrived in Montreal. For the third time in recent travels, Air Canada cancelled my flight from Montreal to Ottawa. It took me longer to get this 22 minute trip home than it took to fly from Geneva Switzerland to Montreal....eight hours. My one piece of luggage arrived home almost 24 hours later. Here is how my return trip went.

Because I had to be at the Istanbul  (IST) airport at four in the morning for my flight to Geneva with Turkish airlines, I went up to the airport at eight in the evening...by Metro train. I was able to check in at that time for the morning flight, and everything went great, until Montreal. I spent the time  at IST Airport chatting with other passengers in the same situation.

Upon arrival at Montreal at two P.M., I cleared customs in ten minutes and went to gate 9 for my flight to Ottawa....it was to depart at four. The Agent took checked my Boarding pass and Passport, then told me that my flight would be 30 minutes late, "due to severe weather in Western Canada". THERE WERE NO SUCH PROBLEMS . I walked about 100 feet on my way to get a coffee...and saw the Departures Board ...My flight was cancelled.....as were the next two to Ottawa. I went back to the counter to see if I could be booked on the seven P.M. flight...and was told..."You must go to another counter down the long hallway, as we only deal with Business Class here, for this issue.

I got to the Ottawa airport at eight, waited an hour for all the luggage to be unloaded, then found that my luggage was still in Montreal, and would come to Ottawa by truck overnight. It arrived at my apartment at two in the afternoon.

This is no joke...or maybe it is...but the name of the Company that delivers luggage for Air Canada is.called.....Wheresmyluggage.com.    I do not let this type of event get to me, but it is apparent to me and many others that Air Canada is trying to lose customers. I believe that before long, we will see AC only doing International and domestic long hauls, such as Montreal to Vancouver. The rest will be done by their partners  Jazz and Rouge which wear Air Canada colors.

All in all, it was a great trip, even when considering the 40 hours to do it. Take care. At this time, I do not have any trips planned, but will be going west to visit family this fall, probably before the end of October, and the snow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment